HUAYHUASH EXPEDITION 6 DAYS - Slide show
In this program you have the wonderful opportunity to enjoy both sides of the Cordillera Huayhuash. A unique experience that opens the gates of the majestic landscape of both the western and eastern sides of the mountain. Undoubtedly a great experience!!
The most spectacular mountain trek to be found! A chance to watch avalanches, approach breathtaking lakes, and view Yerupajá and Siula Grande of “Touching the Void”. In addition to the beauty of high peaks and turquoise lagoons, you will pass tranquil rural homes. The cordillera Huayhuash is only 30 kilometres (18.5 miles) in length with more than six peaks over 19,000 feet. We have chosen the most striking part of the Huayhuash for our four or six day circuit. You will watch avalanches fall from 20,000 ft. glaciers and have the chance to interact with our Peruvian friends whose families have lived in the Huayhuash for generations. Our cook and donkey driver will pamper you by carrying all of your food and gear on donkeys, have your tents set up at each site upon our arrival, and serve you teas, snacks, and meals during your trek. All you have to do is walk with your day pack!
Trip and Trek Summary - Detailed day by day itinerary
- LIMA RELAX VISIT DOWNTOWN
- LIMA CONOCOCHA CHIQUIAN (TRANSFER IN CONOCOCHA)
- TREK LOOP
- EXCURTION TO YAUCA PUNTA .
- TREK TO HUAMANHUEQUE LAKE – YOGA LAKE
- START HUAYHUASH TREK: CHIQUIAN – MATACANCHA (BY TRUCK) AND HIKE TO MITUCOCHA LAKE
- JAHUACOCHA LAKE
- RONDOY VALLEY
- MITUCOCHA LAKE TO CARHUACOCHA LAKE
- SIDE TRIP TO LAS TRES LAGUNAS AND HIGH PASS 4,800 MASL
- CARHUACOCHA LAKE LA UNION AND CHIQUIAN
- REST YOGA IN THE HOUSE
- RETURN TO LIMA.
- LIMA - DAY OFF. FLY HOME AT NIGHT
- ARRIVE HOME
Cost of your expedition per person. Does not include flight to Lima.
What is included in your trip:
Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Lima and back
- Transport from Lima to Chiquianand back
- 4 nights at our lodge in Chiquian
- All meals in Chiquian and on trek
- Four season tent
- Certified mountain guide
- Certified yoga instructor and exercise trainer
- Sleeping pads
- Dining tent
- Donkey Driver
- Cooking guide during the trek and days previous in our lodge in Chiquian
- Transport to and from day hikes
- Transport during our expedition: Chiquián to Matacancha, Queropalca to La Unión and Chiquián
- Food during the expedition: Chiquian and Huayhuash
- Entrance fee into the Huayhuash National park
- Hotel in Lima - (2 nights in either 2, 3, or 4 star hotel – your choice)
- Meals in Lima (2)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Extra snacks
- Sleeping bags